Southgate’s unique opportunity is to declare the good news of Jesus Christ within the South side of Springfield. Our existing local ministry partners include:
Kids Hope USA builds life-changing relationships one at a time: One Child. One Hour. One School. One Church. Southgate partners with Perrin Woods Elementary School.
Denise Smith 360-8906
Shares Jesus Christ and His respect for life by serving women and families experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
Ellen Dudney 525-3781
Provides 24/7 residential housing and programming for women coming out of trauma and/or substance abuse, empowering them toward healing and wholeness, equipping them for quality living.
Amy Willmann 717-5908
Helps city school students grow in healthy directions spiritually, educationally, socially, and physically, through church partnerships and programs.
Faith Bosland 325-6183
Learn more about one of our community outreach ministries, Biz Ba$ics:
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact Pastor Jason Carrier.
The most measurable goal Scripture gives us is that of discipling the nations.
- We are promised that the gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a witness to all the nations and then the end will come (Matthew 24:14).
- The Scripture testifies that in the final Kingdom of God, there will be men and women worshiping Jesus Christ from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues (Revelation 7:9, Revelation 5:9).
- Acts 1:8 gives us our strategy of disciple making.
Obedience to God’s mission for the church requires evangelism in our own community and country, but also on the parched ground where the gospel has yet to be proclaimed or to be widely accepted.
In addition to supporting full-time vocational partners, our desire is to support individuals at Southgate as they pursue various short-term projects.
For more information about missions at Southgate, contact Pastor Jason Carrier.
Under the leadership of the missions pastor, this team evaluates strategic priorities as they determine with whom to partner. Both individual missionaries and mission agencies must fall in line with at least three of the six following priorities.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that will aide Southgate in raising a mission minded congregation through assisting Southgate in providing tangible mission projects/opportunities.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that focus on church planting and teaching of nationals, giving special emphasis to work in areas where the gospel has yet to be proclaimed or responded to.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that minister within an urban context.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that consider gospel based, mercy ministry within their cultural context.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that afford Southgate opportunities to partner with national pastors or ministries.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that demonstrate good financial governance.