Southgate’s unique opportunity is to declare the good news of Jesus Christ within the southside of Springfield. To not only declare the manifold grace of God in Christ Jesus but also to creatively demonstrate the character of God through local community initiatives and relationship building.
The focal point of our efforts is to build a more gospel minded community through developing strategic partnerships with local schools and with other gospel-based entities in the city of Springfield.
Our existing local ministry partners:
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact Pastor Jason Carrier.
The most measurable goal Scripture gives us is that of discipling the nations.
- We are promised that the gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a witness to all the nations and then the end will come (Matthew 24:14).
- The Scripture testifies that in the final Kingdom of God, there will be men and women worshiping Jesus Christ from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues (Revelation 7:9, Revelation 5:9).
- Acts 1:8 gives us our strategy of disciple making.
Obedience to God’s mission for the church requires evangelism in our own community and country, but also on the parched ground where the gospel has yet to be proclaimed or to be widely accepted.
In addition to supporting full-time vocational partners, our desire is to support individuals at Southgate as they pursue various short-term projects.
For more information about missions at Southgate, contact Pastor Jason Carrier.
Under the leadership of the missions pastor, this team evaluates strategic priorities as they determine with whom to partner. Both individual missionaries and mission agencies must fall in line with at least three of the six following priorities.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that will aide Southgate in raising a mission minded congregation through assisting Southgate in providing tangible mission projects/opportunities.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that focus on church planting and teaching of nationals, giving special emphasis to work in areas where the gospel has yet to be proclaimed or responded to.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that minister within an urban context.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that consider gospel based, mercy ministry within their cultural context.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that afford Southgate opportunities to partner with national pastors or ministries.
- To partner with individuals or agencies that demonstrate good financial governance.